- Posted Wed Nov 26, 2014 at 10:00 AM PST by Tom Landy
- Posted Wed Nov 26, 2014 at 08:00 AM PST by Tom Landy
Posted Wed Nov 26, 2014 at 06:00 AM PST by
The Grand Jury Prize Winner at the 70th Venice International Film Festival is bound for Blu-ray in January.Continue Reading
'Battlestar Galactica: The Remastered Collection' and 'Battlestar Galactica: The Definitive Collection' Announced for Blu-rayPosted Tue Nov 25, 2014 at 01:00 PM PST by Tom Landy
The classic original sci-fi series and the 1980 spin-off are bound for Blu-ray in May.Continue Reading
Blu-ray Pre-Orders for the Action-Packed 'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1' starring Jennifer Lawrence Now LivePosted Tue Nov 25, 2014 at 12:00 PM PST by Tom Landy
High-Def Digest Asks Kevin Smith, John Turturro, Jim Rash, and Nat Faxon to Share their Favorite Film ScenesPosted Tue Nov 25, 2014 at 10:01 AM PST by Bryan Kluger
Ever since I was old enough to crawl, I've loved everything about movies. I loved how they were made, the visual effects, the acting, the dialogue, and the whole movie-making process. I would and still do quote dialogue from movies on a regular basis. The first piece of dialogue I remember quoting in front of people was Robin Williams' monologues as Adrian Cronauer from 'Good Morning, Vietnam'. And yes, I remembered the entire thing, complete with dialects and accents. As I got older, I became more interested in not being in front of the camera (Yes, I was an actor and model - JC Penney Husky Size), but being behind the camera, making movies and writing screenplays. Heck, it's what I did in college for five years, and still continue to work in that field today.
One of my favorite questions to ask people I meet is 'What are some of your favorite scenes from movies that have always stuck with you?" I like this question more than the usual "What is your favorite film, because it causes the person to think harder on which films they hold close to their hearts and are more passionate about. Fortunately for me, I've been very lucky over the past several years in being a journalist. Since about 2002, I've been able to interview a wide variety of filmmakers, actors, and writers for their latest film or the work they are most known for. One of the questions I always ask everyone is, 'What are some of your favorite scenes from movies that have always stuck with you?" The answers are always fun and often spectacular. I've included some of my favorites beloew. If you all enjoy these little videos, I'll keep making them. Here are the first three.
I had the distinct honor of talk with the legendary director Kevin Smith in Austin, TX at Fantastic Fest 2014. Smith is one of the pioneers of the indie film genre with cult hits such as 'Clerks', 'Mallrats', 'Chasing Amy', 'Dogma', 'Jersey Girl', and 'Red State'. His new film, 'Tusk' is quite the film. I've never seen anything like it. In the video, we discuss his 'Red State' premiere in Kansas City, 'Tusk', and his favorite scene in film, which might surprise some of you. It was a pleasure to talk with him and go see 'TUSK'. Enjoy!
I had the great pleasure of sitting down with the legendary actor/writer/director John Turturro to discuss his new film, 'Fading Gigolo'. We talked about making the movie, casting Woody Allen, Sharon Stone, Sofia Vergara, and Liev Schreiber, as well as some of his favorite moments in film. We even got Mr. Turturro to reprise his Jesus Quintana character from 'The Big Lebowski' and asked him about his bowling skills and the tournament with the Dude and Walter. It was such a fun interview in Dallas, TX., and his film 'Fading Gigolo' is one of the best films of the year. Go See it.
His favorite scenes from movies are from 'Angels with Dirty Faces', 'Casablanca', 'On the Waterfront', 'The Godfather', 'Mean Streets', and 'Dog Day Afternoon'. Skip to the 6:14 mark to hear his response.
I sat down with writers/actors/directors Jim Rash and Nat Faxon a few weeks ago in Dallas to discuss their amazing film, ‘The Way Way Back‘. They couldn’t have been nicer and we had a great conversation about the filmmaking process, some of their favorite movies, and much more.
Their favorite scenes from movies are from 'Raising Arizona', 'Broadcast News', 'Wet Hot American Summer', 'Ordinary People', 'Major League', 'Naked Gun', 'Austin Powers', and 'SNL'. Skip to the 7:20 mark to hear their response.
Part 2 is coming soon, where you can expect interviews from Keanu Reeves, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, and many more.Continue Reading
- Posted Tue Nov 25, 2014 at 10:00 AM PST by Tom Landy
- Posted Tue Nov 25, 2014 at 08:00 AM PST by Tom Landy
- Posted Tue Nov 25, 2014 at 06:00 AM PST by Tom Landy
Posted Mon Nov 24, 2014 at 12:29 PM PST by
Getting a jump start on Black Friday, Amazon is offering huge savings on the classic TV series on Blu-ray!Continue Reading
Posted Mon Nov 24, 2014 at 12:00 PM PST by
The distributor has revealed its upcoming slate of February releases, including Nicolas Roeg's 'Don't Look Now' and Yasujirô Ozu's 'An Autumn Afternoon.'Continue Reading
Posted Mon Nov 24, 2014 at 10:00 AM PST by
The 2000 space adventure arrives on Blu-ray in January.Continue Reading
Posted Mon Nov 24, 2014 at 08:05 AM PST by
Michael S. Palmer
Dolby was kind enough to invite HDD to its Burbank Laboratory for an in-person demonstration given by Atmos re-recording sound mixer, Tim Hoogenakker, and to watch 'The Expendables 3' on Blu-ray in their Home Theatre room.Continue Reading
- Posted Mon Nov 24, 2014 at 08:00 AM PST by Tom Landy
- Posted Mon Nov 24, 2014 at 06:00 AM PST by Tom Landy
- Posted Fri Nov 21, 2014 at 08:00 AM PST by Steven Cohen
Posted Fri Nov 21, 2014 at 06:00 AM PST by
Two cult horror films from the Spanish director will prey on Blu-ray audiences next year.Continue Reading
- Posted Thu Nov 20, 2014 at 12:00 PM PST by Tom Landy
- Posted Thu Nov 20, 2014 at 10:00 AM PST by Steven Cohen
- Posted Thu Nov 20, 2014 at 08:00 AM PST by Steven Cohen
LATEST NEWS BLU-RAY
- Criterion's March Blu-ray Titles Now Available for Pre-Order!
- Lu Yang's Action/Drama 'Brotherhood of Blades' Bound for Blu-ray
- 'Wetlands' Based on the Best-Selling Novel by Charlotte Roche Blu-ray Detailed
- HDD Holiday Bargain: 'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes' Blu-ray $9.99 at Amazon!
- Tommy Lee Jones' Acclaimed Western 'The Homesman' Rides to Blu-ray
- Michael Cuesta's Political Thriller 'Kill the Messenger' Starring Jeremy Renner Blu-ray Detailed
- 'The Aviators' Featuring the Voices of Jeff Foxworthy and Brad Garrett Announced for Blu-ray
- 'The Twilight Saga: Extended Editions Triple Feature' Dated for Blu-ray
- 'Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga: Cheek To Cheek LIVE!' Dated for Blu-ray
- 'Tetris Ultimate' Now Out on the PS4 and Xbox One
- Test Your Survival Skills With the New 'Dying Light' Interactive Trailer
- 'Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance' for PS4 Leads A Slew of NIS America Announcements
- Terry McGinnis, Blight, & More Bringing 'Batman Beyond' to 'Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham'
- Get Ready to Turn Back Time With Dontnod's 'Life is Strange' As Episode 1 Arrives in January
- Project SkyLight - Limited Edition PS4 Faceplates Review
- Today Only: PS4 Console, 'The Last of Us: Remastered,' PS4 Camera, and One of Four Hit Games for $399.99
- The Luscious 'Guilty Gear Xrd SIGN' Has an Excellent Launch Bonus, Plus the Limited Edition Now Has a Release Date
- New PlayStation Discounts Include 'Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare,' 'Metro Redux,' 'Sleeping Dogs,' 'Hotline Miami' & More
- Hulu Teams up with Disney-ABC to Stream 'Resurrection,' 'Devious Maids,' 'Mistresses' & More
- Netflix Arrives on Dish Hopper DVRs, Marking First Major Pay-TV Integration
- Comcast Customers Can Now Stream HBO GO & Showtime Anytime on Roku Devices
- NBC Launches Live Streaming for Pay-TV Customers
- LG to Show off New 4K Ultra HD TV with Quantum Dot Technology at CES 2015
- Amazon Fire TV on Sale Now for $79 with HBO GO Support
- Hulu Offers Free Holiday Streaming for Android Users, including Current Episodes of Modern Family, South Park & More!
- 'Forza Horizon 2 Storm Island' Expansion DLC Out Tomorrow
- HDD Gear Deal Spotlight: Save $125 on Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9" Tablets Today Only!
THE BONUS VIEW
- ‘Constantine’ 1.08 Recap: “This Isn’t God’s Work”
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies’ Review: Been There, But Back Again
- ‘Ascension’ Premiere Recap: “They Sent Us on a One-Way Ticket to Nowhere”
- ‘Gremlins – Diamond Luxe’ Contest Results
- ‘The Newsroom’ Series Finale Recap: “Be a Father, It Lives Up to the Hype”
- ‘American Horror Story’ 4.09 Recap: “Your Every Wish Is About to Come True”
- Weekend Box Office: Audiences Get Out for ‘Exodus’
- Blu-ray Highlights: Week of December 14th, 2014 – Gnarly, Dude
- Weekend Roundtable: Best & Worst Epic Movies