- Posted Wed Nov 26, 2014 at 10:00 AM PST by Tom Landy
- Posted Wed Nov 26, 2014 at 08:00 AM PST by Tom Landy
Posted Wed Nov 26, 2014 at 06:00 AM PST by
The Grand Jury Prize Winner at the 70th Venice International Film Festival is bound for Blu-ray in January.Continue Reading
'Battlestar Galactica: The Remastered Collection' and 'Battlestar Galactica: The Definitive Collection' Announced for Blu-rayPosted Tue Nov 25, 2014 at 01:00 PM PST by Tom Landy
The classic original sci-fi series and the 1980 spin-off are bound for Blu-ray in May.Continue Reading
Blu-ray Pre-Orders for the Action-Packed 'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1' starring Jennifer Lawrence Now LivePosted Tue Nov 25, 2014 at 12:00 PM PST by Tom Landy
High-Def Digest Asks Kevin Smith, John Turturro, Jim Rash, and Nat Faxon to Share their Favorite Film ScenesPosted Tue Nov 25, 2014 at 10:01 AM PST by Bryan Kluger
Ever since I was old enough to crawl, I've loved everything about movies. I loved how they were made, the visual effects, the acting, the dialogue, and the whole movie-making process. I would and still do quote dialogue from movies on a regular basis. The first piece of dialogue I remember quoting in front of people was Robin Williams' monologues as Adrian Cronauer from 'Good Morning, Vietnam'. And yes, I remembered the entire thing, complete with dialects and accents. As I got older, I became more interested in not being in front of the camera (Yes, I was an actor and model - JC Penney Husky Size), but being behind the camera, making movies and writing screenplays. Heck, it's what I did in college for five years, and still continue to work in that field today.
One of my favorite questions to ask people I meet is 'What are some of your favorite scenes from movies that have always stuck with you?" I like this question more than the usual "What is your favorite film, because it causes the person to think harder on which films they hold close to their hearts and are more passionate about. Fortunately for me, I've been very lucky over the past several years in being a journalist. Since about 2002, I've been able to interview a wide variety of filmmakers, actors, and writers for their latest film or the work they are most known for. One of the questions I always ask everyone is, 'What are some of your favorite scenes from movies that have always stuck with you?" The answers are always fun and often spectacular. I've included some of my favorites beloew. If you all enjoy these little videos, I'll keep making them. Here are the first three.
I had the distinct honor of talk with the legendary director Kevin Smith in Austin, TX at Fantastic Fest 2014. Smith is one of the pioneers of the indie film genre with cult hits such as 'Clerks', 'Mallrats', 'Chasing Amy', 'Dogma', 'Jersey Girl', and 'Red State'. His new film, 'Tusk' is quite the film. I've never seen anything like it. In the video, we discuss his 'Red State' premiere in Kansas City, 'Tusk', and his favorite scene in film, which might surprise some of you. It was a pleasure to talk with him and go see 'TUSK'. Enjoy!
I had the great pleasure of sitting down with the legendary actor/writer/director John Turturro to discuss his new film, 'Fading Gigolo'. We talked about making the movie, casting Woody Allen, Sharon Stone, Sofia Vergara, and Liev Schreiber, as well as some of his favorite moments in film. We even got Mr. Turturro to reprise his Jesus Quintana character from 'The Big Lebowski' and asked him about his bowling skills and the tournament with the Dude and Walter. It was such a fun interview in Dallas, TX., and his film 'Fading Gigolo' is one of the best films of the year. Go See it.
His favorite scenes from movies are from 'Angels with Dirty Faces', 'Casablanca', 'On the Waterfront', 'The Godfather', 'Mean Streets', and 'Dog Day Afternoon'. Skip to the 6:14 mark to hear his response.
I sat down with writers/actors/directors Jim Rash and Nat Faxon a few weeks ago in Dallas to discuss their amazing film, ‘The Way Way Back‘. They couldn’t have been nicer and we had a great conversation about the filmmaking process, some of their favorite movies, and much more.
Their favorite scenes from movies are from 'Raising Arizona', 'Broadcast News', 'Wet Hot American Summer', 'Ordinary People', 'Major League', 'Naked Gun', 'Austin Powers', and 'SNL'. Skip to the 7:20 mark to hear their response.
Part 2 is coming soon, where you can expect interviews from Keanu Reeves, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, and many more.Continue Reading
- Posted Tue Nov 25, 2014 at 10:00 AM PST by Tom Landy
- Posted Tue Nov 25, 2014 at 08:00 AM PST by Tom Landy
- Posted Tue Nov 25, 2014 at 06:00 AM PST by Tom Landy
Posted Mon Nov 24, 2014 at 12:29 PM PST by
Getting a jump start on Black Friday, Amazon is offering huge savings on the classic TV series on Blu-ray!Continue Reading
Posted Mon Nov 24, 2014 at 12:00 PM PST by
The distributor has revealed its upcoming slate of February releases, including Nicolas Roeg's 'Don't Look Now' and Yasujirô Ozu's 'An Autumn Afternoon.'Continue Reading
Posted Mon Nov 24, 2014 at 10:00 AM PST by
The 2000 space adventure arrives on Blu-ray in January.Continue Reading
Posted Mon Nov 24, 2014 at 08:05 AM PST by
Michael S. Palmer
Dolby was kind enough to invite HDD to its Burbank Laboratory for an in-person demonstration given by Atmos re-recording sound mixer, Tim Hoogenakker, and to watch 'The Expendables 3' on Blu-ray in their Home Theatre room.Continue Reading
- Posted Mon Nov 24, 2014 at 08:00 AM PST by Tom Landy
- Posted Mon Nov 24, 2014 at 06:00 AM PST by Tom Landy
- Posted Fri Nov 21, 2014 at 08:00 AM PST by Steven Cohen
Posted Fri Nov 21, 2014 at 06:00 AM PST by
Two cult horror films from the Spanish director will prey on Blu-ray audiences next year.Continue Reading
- Posted Thu Nov 20, 2014 at 12:00 PM PST by Tom Landy
- Posted Thu Nov 20, 2014 at 10:00 AM PST by Steven Cohen
- Posted Thu Nov 20, 2014 at 08:00 AM PST by Steven Cohen
LATEST NEWS BLU-RAY
- Disney Dates 'Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day' for Blu-ray
- Ming-liang Tsai's Acclaimed Drama 'Stray Dogs' Dated for Blu-ray
- 'Battlestar Galactica: The Remastered Collection' and 'Battlestar Galactica: The Definitive Collection' Announced for Blu-ray
- Blu-ray Pre-Orders for the Action-Packed 'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1' starring Jennifer Lawrence Now Live
- High-Def Digest Asks Kevin Smith, John Turturro, Jim Rash, and Nat Faxon to Share their Favorite Film Scenes
- Israel Horovitz's Comedy 'My Old Lady' Starring Kevin Kline Announced Blu-ray
- Lenny Abrahamson's Offbeat Comedy 'Frank' Announced for Blu-ray
- 'The ABCs of Death 2' Dated for Blu-ray
- HDD Deal of the Week: 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' Blu-rays Up To 75 Percent Off
- Launching Next Week, 'Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 HD ReMIX' Looks Every Bit the Nostalgia Trip
- High-Def Digest's Xbox One Holiday Gift Guide 2014: Xbox Rising
- PS4 Compatible Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition 2 FightStick Up for Pre-Order
- Bungie Trolling 'Destiny' Users with New 'The Dark Below' DrCrispy93 Ad
- High-Def Digest's Wii U Holiday Gift Guide 2014: It's Time to Score a Wii U
- This Week's Deals With Gold is Packed: 'Diablo III,' 'Rayman Legends,' 'Peggle 2,' 'Assassin's Creed,' 'Forza 5,' & Much More
- Early Black Friday Deal Alert: Wii U Deluxe With 'Super Smash Bros.' 'Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze,' 'Nintendo Land,' & 'Super Mario 3D World' for Only $360
- Bandai Namco Announced 'Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin' for the PS4, Xbox One & More
- Meet the Wii U's Newest Star, 'Captain Toad'
- Black Friday Gear Deals Week Spotlight: Samsung Galaxy Tab S Tablets up to $120 Off!
- Ultra HD TV Shipments up More than 500 Percent in Q3 2014
- Chromecast Adds Seven More Apps, Including Comedy Central & Nickelodeon
- Black Friday Gear Deals Week Spotlight: Soundbars & Speaker Systems up to 71 Percent Off!
- Dish Regains Turner Broadcasting Channels, Including CNN, TCM & Cartoon Network
- Re-recording Near-field Mixes for Dolby Atmos Blu-rays
- Black Friday Gear Deals Week Spotlight: ViewSonic 4K Monitor & Boston Acoustics Speakers!
- High-Def Digest's Gear Gift Guide 2014
- Amazon Rumored to Be Prepping an Ad-Supported Streaming Service
THE BONUS VIEW
- ‘The Babadook’ Review: Bedtime Horrors
- ‘Foxcatcher’ Review: Wrestling with Psychosis
- ‘Horrible Bosses 2′ Review: Horrible, Indeed
- Thanksgiving Weekend Movies: Mischievous People & Pets
- ‘Gotham’ 1.10 Recap: “Bad Stuff Happens”
- ‘The Newsroom’ 3.03 Recap: “I Still Don’t See Any Way We Can Survive”
- ‘Constantine’ 1.05 Recap: “Do You Think I’m Pretty?”
- ‘American Horror Story’ 4.07 Recap: “Beauty Is Painful, Sweetheart”
- ‘The Walking Dead’ 5.07 Recap: “It’s Never Gonna Get Any Better Than This”