The Maze - 3D
- Street Date:
- April 24th, 2018
- Movie Release Year:
- Release Country
- United States
Richard Carlson, Veronica Hurst, Katherine Emery, Michael Pate, and John Dodsworth
The Maze has been referred to as "A dark fable... invaluably unique for its era" (Jeff Kuykendall, Midnight Only) and "One of the damnedest films ever made... surprisingly moving" (Bill Warren, Keep Watching the Skies!). These assessments are on the mark and only begin to describe one of the most intriguing 3-D movies ever made.
William Cameron Menzies' unique visual style produced one of the most stunning three-dimensional productions of all time. While other 3-D movies can boast higher budgets and more prestigious pedigrees, none can equal its inspired mix of mystery, science fiction and Lovecraftian horror.
One of the most highly desired 3-D films, The Maze will be restored from original 35mm left/right archival elements by Kino Lorber Studio Classics and the 3-D Film Archive!
The stereoscopic image restoration will be handled by Archive technical director Greg Kintz; dirt and damage cleanup will be done by digital artist Thad Komorowski and the lost three-channel stereophonic sound will be restored by audio engineer Eckhard Büttner.
- Blu-ray 3D/Blu-ray
- BRAND NEW 4K RESTORATION -- digitally restored from the original left and right eye camera negatives by Paramount Pictures Archive in association with The Film Foundation. Scanned in 4K at Pro-Tek with 3-D alignment process and restoration by 3-D Film Archive, LLC.
- English DTS-HD Master Audio 3.0
- English DTS-HD Master Audio Mono
- English SDH
- Interview with Star Veronica Hurst
- Audio Commentary by Film Historian Tom Weaver
- Restored three-channel stereophonic sound by Eckhard Büttner
- Original 3-D Theatrical TrailerReversible Blu-ray Art
- Reversible Blu-ray Art