Blu-Ray Releases Details
The Monster Collection
The three-disc set features two acclaimed documentary films, both directed by filmmakers Gilles Penso and Alexandre Poncet, Phil Tippett: Mad Dreams and Monsters and The Frankenstein Complex, plus over 12 hours of bonus features, including never-before-seen making-of footage and more.
Phil Tippett: Mad Dreams and Monsters (2019) examines the life and career of Phil Tippett, the Oscar and Emmy Award-winning visual effects genius whose work in creature design, stop-motion and computerized character animation has been seen in such classics as the original Star Wars trilogy, the Jurassic Park and Twilight franchises and the effects powerhouses RoboCop, Dragonheart and Starship Troopers.
Also included in THE MONSTER COLLECTION is Penso and Poncet's 2015 The Frankenstein Complex, a lively portrait and appreciation of the greatest movie monsters in film history and the talented crafts people and visual artists who have been bringing them to startling life over the past century. The Frankenstein Complex goes behind the scenes of such classics as King Kong, Avatar, The Lord of the Rings series, An American Werewolf in London, Alien and many others to talk to the filmmakers behind all those dinosaurs, zombies, aliens, Hobbits, dragons, werewolves, giant bugs and oversized apes that have kept us glued to the screener for all these years. Included are interviews with effects geniuses Rick Baker, Greg Nicotero and Chris Wallas alongside such directors as Guillermo del Toro, Paul Verhoeven, Joe Dante, John Landis, Kevin Smith and others.
THE MONSTER COLLECTION – BLU-RAY COLLECTOR'S EDITION contains a colossal 12 hours plus of bonus materials spread out over the three-disc set. Highlights of the supplemental package include a new feature commentary for Phil Tippett: Mad Dreams and Monsters by Tippett himself and directors Penso and Poncet; two restored short films by Tippett; a Master Class with Oscar-winning filmmaker Guillermo del Toro; extended conversations with John Landis, Mick Garris and Joe Dante; a "Phil Tippett Museum" tour featuring a virtual gallery of Tippett's creations, and much more.
- Feature Commentary with Phil Tippett and directors Alexandre Poncet and Gilles Penso
- "Meeting the Monsters" Making Of Documentary
- Prehistoric Beast (1985) a short film by Phil Tippett with audio commentary
- Mutant Land (2010) a short film by Phil Tippett with audio commentary
- Phil Tippett Museum: A Virtual Gallery of Tippett Creations
- Joy of Working with Phil: Interview with Paul Verhoeven
- Phil Will Fix This!: Interview with Joe Johnston
- Animating with Phil: Interview with Tom St. Amand
- Phil's Vision: Interview with Chris Walas
- Friendship, Robots, and Dinosaurs: Interview withDennis Muren
- From Stop-Motion to Computer: Interview with Craig Hayes
- Memories and Archives with Phil Tippett
- Dinosaur Supervisor (Jurassic Park) with Phil Tippett
- Starship Troopers 2 with Phil Tippet and Jon Davison
- "Dinosaur!" with Paul Verhoevenand Jon Davison
- Mutant Fish (Piranha) with Joe Dante (1978)
Good Burger 2 Cooks Up a Blu-ray Release on March 26!By:
Book That Dentist Appointment - HDD's 4K UHD & Blu-ray Shopping Guide, Feb 25, 2024By:
Complete Your Collection Screwheads! - Where to Find Sam Raimi Films on Blu-ray or 4K UHDBy:
Time To Get Your Fuzzy Pink Elephant - HDD's 4K UHD & Blu-ray Shopping Guide Feb 18, 2024By: