- Street Date:
- December 12th, 2017
- Movie Release Year:
- MPAA Rating:
- Arrow Video
- Release Country
- United States
Sharon Farrell, Edward Bell, Danielle Brisebois, Ellen Barber, Richard Lynch, Chitra Neogy
Robert Allen Schnitzer
The mid-1970s saw the rise in popularity of films centering on the subject of parapsychology, led by Carrie – Brian De Palma's classic tale of telekinetic terror. Precognition, or future sight, would be the topic under exploration in Robert Allen Schnitzer's contribution to the psychic craze: the chilling and much-overlooked The Premonition.
Mother Sheri Bennett (Sharon Farrell, Night of the Comet, Sweet Sixteen) is assailed by terrifying visions in which a strange woman attempts to steal away her five-year-old daughter Janie. Are these bizarre occurrences the result of some sort of mental disturbance, or is something much more sinister afoot?
Featuring a haunting score from accomplished classical composer Henry Mollicone, The Premonition has remained unjustly obscure over the years but is heralded as a true classic of '70s US horror moviemaking by genre aficionados.
- 2K restoration from original film elements
- English Uncompressed Mono
- English SDH
- Introduction to the film by Nightmare USA author Stephen Thrower
- Isolated Score
- Audio commentary with producer-director Robert Allen Schnitzer
- Pictures from a Premonition – brand new making-of documentary featuring interviews with Schnitzer, composer Henry Mollicone and cinematographer Victor Milt
- Archive interviews with Schnitzer and star Richard Lynch
- Trailers and TV Spots
- Three Robert Allen Schnitzer short films: Vernal Equinox, Terminal Point and A Rumbling in the Land
- 4 "Peace Spots"
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly-commissioned artwork by The Twins of Evil