This disc has not yet been reviewed. The following information has been provided by the distributor.
Wrestlers, mad doctors, and human-fish hybrids abound in The Bat Woman (La mujer murciélago), a colourful showcase for the talents of Italian Mexican sex symbol Maura Monti.
When Acapulco’s wrestlers start being murdered and their pineal glands mysteriously extracted, the wealthy luchadora Gloria (Monti) adopts her crime-fighting persona of the Bat Woman. Donning her disguise of shiny blue mask, cape, and micro-bikini, she teams up with agent Mario (Héctor Godoy) to foil the evil Dr Williams (Roberto Cañedo) in his dastardly plan to create an army of amphibious ‘fish-men’.
Produced by Guillermo Calderón (Santo vs. the Riders of Terror) and directed by René Cardona (The Panther Women), The Bat Woman is an eye-popping, high-camp blend of lucha libre and superhero action.
INDICATOR LIMITED EDITION BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES
• 4K restoration from the original negative
• Original Spanish mono audio
• Audio commentary with film historian and Mexican cinema specialist David Wilt (2024)
• Adventures in Mexicolour (2024): journalist, writer and indie editor of Belcebú, and formerly DC Comics, Mauricio Matamoros Durán examines the position of The Bat Woman within the Mexican and international pop and comic-book culture of the time
• Fantastique Creatures (2024): José Luis Ortega Torres, film critic, teacher, and author of the book Mostrología del cine mexicano, explores the representation of monsters in early Mexican genre cinema
• Original theatrical trailer
• Image gallery: promotional and publicity material
• New and improved English translation subtitles
• Limited edition exclusive 80-page book with a new essay by Dolores Tierney, archival essays by Doyle Greene and Andrew Coe, archival interviews with Maura Monti, and full film credits
• Limited edition of 8,000 individually numbered units Blu-rays for the UK and US