This disc has not yet been reviewed. The following information has been provided by the distributor.
Kino Lorber is celebrating the 10th Anniversary of the artificially intelligent comedy COMPUTER CHESS with this Blu-ray Special Edition. Directed by Andrew Bujalski (Support the Girls, Mutual Appreciation, Funny Ha Ha) and the Winner of the Sloan Feature Film Prize at the Sundance Film Festival, COMPUTER CHESS is an off-kilter comedy set during a weekend tournament for chess software programmers in the early 1980s. Shot on vintage video equipment, it transports viewers to a moment when the contest between technology and the human spirit seemed a little more up for grabs. We get to know the eccentric geniuses possessed of the vision to teach a CPU to defeat man at his own game, laying the groundwork for artificial intelligence as we know it.
• Archival interviews with Andrew Bujalski, Wiley Wiggins and Alex Lipschultz
• Austin Film Society Q&A (2019)
• Audio commentary by Deep Blue Programmer Murray Campbell
• Additional commentary by an enthusiastic stoner
• Crowdfunding plea video
• Sundance Film Festival promo
• Computer Chess reference games
• 1969 Sony AVC-3260 video camera tutorial
• Trailer for an upcoming sequel written and directed by AI