Colleen Moore stars as Hester Prynne in this 1934 version of Nathaniel Hawthorne's classic tale of sin and redemption! Bearing a child out of wedlock was punishable in 17th century Massachusetts by being forced to wear a scarlet letter 'A,' but unwed mother Hester, who was born to a noble family, is determined to rise above her situation. Hardie Albright, Alan Hale, and William Farnum also star for director Robert G. Vignola, while the recreation of old Puritan Boston was by art director Frank Dexter (Baby Face Morgan, Northwest Trail).
- Salem and the Scarlet Letter: Original Production narrated by John Carradine
- Full Commentary track by Professor, Jason A. Ney
- Essay in full color inserted booklet, by Professor, Jason A. Ney
- 'A Sin of Passion: Hawthorne in Film,' from Ballyhoo Motion Pictures with interview from author, Justin Humphreys
- 'Revealing the Scarlet Letter,' featuring a new interview with producer, Sam Sherman
- Original, restored, trailer for the film