YOU WILL DENY WHAT YOU WILL SEE… BUT YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO DENY THE FEAR.
The critically acclaimed Spanish horror film The Orphanage comes to Blu-ray for the first time in Australia.
Returning to her childhood home – a mysterious, seaside orphanage – Laura and her family unknowingly unleash a long-forgotten, evil spirit that thrusts them into a chilling nightmare.
Produced by Guillermo del Toro (Pan’s Labyrinth) and premiering at the 2007 Cannes Film Festival to a ten-minute standing ovation, this is the feature film debut of director J. A. Bayona (Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom).
Strictly Limited Edition 2-Disc set in Hardbox packaging, loaded with special features including a brand new Audio Commentary and Video Essays, accompanied by an exclusive booklet with an essay from Francesco Massaccesi.
1500 copies only.
Special Features & Technical Specs:
- 1080p High-definition presentation on Blu-ray from a 2K scan
- NEW Audio Commentary by author Xavier Aldana Reyes
- NEW Video Essay by author Miranda Corcoran on Gothic Children
- NEW Video Essay by film scholar Rachel Knightley on Memories and Ghosts
- Interview with directors Juan Antonio Bayona and Guillermo del Toro
- Deleted Scenes & Storyboard Comparisons
- Shooting the Credits
- US & International Theatrical Trailers
- Audio Spanish DTS-HD 5.1 Surround + LPCM 2.0 Stereo
- Aspect Ratio TBC
- Optional English subtitles
- When Laura Grew Up: Constructing the Orphanage – featurette
- Tomas’ Secret Room: The Filmmakers – featurette
- Horror in the Unknown: The Make-Up Effects – featurette
- Rehearsal Studio: Cast Auditions and Table Read – featurette
- Making-of – featurette
- The Set – featurette
- The Sound – featurette
- Animatics – featurette
- Lighting the Darkness – featurette
- Roger Princep: The Casting – featurette
- Projections – featurette
- Q&A with Juan Antonio Bayona – interview