One of Jean Rollin's best-loved films, Lips of Blood (Lèvres de sang) finds the master of the fantastique marshalling all of his obsessions – ruined châteaux, remote beaches, abandoned graveyards, mysterious twins, and female vampires.
When a photograph of a decrepit seaside château evokes a childhood vision of an encounter with a mysterious girl, Frederick is compelled to investigate. Soon, he uncovers a surreal and erotic netherworld of vampirism from which he might never return.
Starring regular Rollin actors Jean-Loup Philippe (The Rape of the Vampire), Natalie Perrey (The Iron Rose), and twins Cathy and Marie-Pierre Castel (Requiem for a Vampire), Lips of Blood is a tour de force within Rollin's inimitable oeuvre.
- NEW 4K RESTORATION by Powerhouse Films
- Original French mono soundtrack
- Audio commentary with genre-film experts, critics and authors Stephen Jones and Kim Newman (2023)
- Selected scenes audio commentary with Jean Rollin (2005)
- Jean Rollin Introduces 'Lips of Blood' (1998): filmed appraisal
- The Beach That Follows Me (2005): Rollin reminisces about the beach in Dieppe and his many experiences filming there
- Newly edited archival interview with Rollin (2023)
- Newly edited archival interview with actor and frequent Rollin collaborator Natalie Perrey (2023)
- Newly edited archival interview with actor Jean-Loup Philippe (2023)
- Newly edited archival interview with actor Serge Rollin (2023)
- Newly edited archival interview with actor Cathy Tricot (2023)
- Critical appreciation by the author and film historian Virginie Sélavy (2023)
- Original theatrical trailer
- Image galleries: promotional and publicity material, and behind the scenes
- New and improved English translation subtitles
- Limited edition exclusive 80-page book with a new essay by Maitland McDonough, archival writing by Jean Rollin on the making of the film, archival interviews with Rollin and Annie Brilland, an analysis of Suck Me, Vampire, the hardcore film Rollin made using scenes from Lips of Blood, and full film credits