This disc has not yet been reviewed. The following information has been provided by the distributor.
Orders To Kill (US Limited Edition) (NR, 112 min)
Director: Anthony Asquith
Cast: Eddie Albert, Paul Massie, Lillian Gish, James Robertson Justice, Irene Worth, Leslie French, John Crawford
Starring Eddie Albert (Oklahoma!, The Joker is Wild), Paul Massie (The Two Faces of Dr. Jekyll), James Robertson Justice (The Face of Fu Manchu), and Lillian Gish (Intolerance), Orders to Kill is a bruising, brilliant wartime espionage drama.
Based on a story by real-life spy Donald Downes, and co-scripted by another former spy, Paul Dehn (The Deadly Affair, Fragment of Fear), Anthony Asquith’s film follows an American airman sent into occupied France with orders to kill a suspected double agent... but the mission does not go according to plan.
Famous for its shocking violence and moral ambiguity, Orders to Kill won three BAFTA Awards, but caused a stir at the Cannes Film Festival due to its alleged ‘anti-American’ tone.
INDICATOR LIMITED EDITION BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES
• High Definition remaster
• Original mono audio
• The BEHP Interview with Anthony Havelock-Allan (1990): archival audio recording, made as part of the British Entertainment History Project, featuring the producer in conversation with Linda Wood and Dave Robson
• Matthew Sweet on Anthony Asquith(2022): the journalist and author examines Asquith’s career and Orders to Kill
• Two Fathers (1944): short film, directed by Asquith for the Ministry of Information, featuring Bernard Miles as an Englishman and Paul Bonifas as a Frenchman who share a hotel room and discuss the involvement of their children in the Second World War
• Original theatrical trailer
• Image gallery: promotional and publicity material
• New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
• Limited edition exclusive booklet with a new essay by Adam Scovell, archival articles, and film credits
• US premiere on Blu-ray
• Limited edition of 3,000 copies for US
All extras subject to change