This disc has not yet been reviewed. The following information has been provided by the distributor.
Three petty criminals attempt a botched armed robbery which culminates in a bloody shootout, leaving only the getaway driver Simon unscathed. The wounded felons decide to hole up in an isolated, abondoned house deep within the forest while awaiting a rendezvous with their co-conspirator Lisa. After burying one of his deceased accompolices in the backyard, Simon is eerily haunted by images of of violence and horror from his lamentable past. Aroused by the spilling of fresh blood, a spectral axe-wielding psychopath and his undead minions mysteriously materialize; inflicting incessant physical and psychological torture upon Simon and his gang throughout the night, in a malevolent attempt attempt to possess their corrupted souls for eternity.
The feature debut from Springfield, Missouri based video director Ronnie Sortor (Ravage), Sinistre is an awe-inspiring, post-Tarantino, heist / haunted house mash up that instantly marked the emergence of a fresh and unique voice withing the '90s SOV scene. A mix of manic action set pieces, nightmarish surrealism, and entrail ripping, head stomping gore courtesy of FX artist Mike Strain (You're Next, V/H/S) Saturn's Core is proud to present Sinistre in its first and definitive Blu-Ray edition, fully approved and supervised by director Ronnie Sortor.
directed by: Ronnie Sortor
featuring: Daniel Skinner, Steve Kelly, J. Gregory Dollarhide, Marcia Carol Miller-Dollarhide
1995 / 73 min / 1.33:1 / English Stereo
• Region Free Blu-ray
• Newly restored Director's Final Cut (73 min.)
• Audio commentary with director / editor Ronnie Sortor
• Two isolated audio tracks featuring music by composers Larry Simmons & Clark Carter
• Original alterate 1997 "Sinyster" cut (71 min.) featuring a new optional retrospective commentary with director Ronnie Sortor
• Archival cast commentary with director Ronnie Sortor, writer / producer Todd Reynolds, and actor Dan Skinner
• Archival audio commentary with special FX artist Mike Starin
• "Beyond the Screen" - new behind the scenes featurette
• "Sinistre @ Studio 2060" - behind the scenes of the Final Cut shoot
• "Composing Sinistre" - an interview with composer Clark Carter
• "Sinyster / Sinistre" - a before and after comparison
• Vintage 1994 TV new coverage
• Outtake reel
• "Remains" - a short film by Ronnie Sortor (with optional director's commentary)
• Behind the scenes of "Remains"
• Reversible sleeve
• English SDH subtitles
Purchase Original Edition From Vinegar Syndrome.