This disc has not yet been reviewed. The following information has been provided by the distributor.
This deluxe package features a beautiful mirror foil hardbox designed by artist Derek Gabryszak that holds a slipcover with a special feature loaded Blu-ray and a full color booklet. Limited to 5,000 units.
Noelle and Addie have just moved into a beautiful, though impossibly cheap, apartment on Manhattan’s prestigious Upper East Side. Not long after their arrival, Addie’s behavior drastically changes, as she begins to sleepwalk and speak in a strange child’s voice, much to the horror of her boyfriend Greg. Noelle, meanwhile, becomes intrigued by a mysterious young woman who inexplicably shows up at their apartment, who reveals that she believes the apartment was previously owned by infamous sex criminal and friend of government elites, Jeffrey Epstein. Determined to uncover the truth, Noelle joins the woman in her search; a journey which takes them deeper into the illicit and occult world of terrifying globalist conspiracies, where violence lurks at every turn.
With strong anti-establishment sensibilities, well executed social and political satire, plentiful sex and nudity, and a satisfyingly bleak and violent final act, writer/director/co-star Dasha Nekrasova’s THE SCARY OF SIXTY-FIRST is an unfiltered and wholly original, contemporary exploitation-horror film. Paying homage to 70s Euro-horror through its gel-heavy 16mm cinematography by Hunter Zimny and a throbbing score by Eli Keszler, Vinegar Syndrome Pictures is thrilled to present the worldwide home video debut of THE SCARY OF SIXTY-FIRST, in a special features loaded Blu-ray edition.
directed by: Dasha Nekrasova
starring: Dasha Nekrasova, Betsey Brown, Madeline Quinn, Mark H. Rapaport
2021 / 81 min / 1.85:1 / English 5.1 Surround
• Region A Blu-ray
• "Metaphysical Repercussions" - a conversation with co-writer/director/actress Dasha Nekrasova
• "Doing the Undoable and Saying the Unsayable" - a conversation with actress Betsey Brown
• "Watching the (Armchair) Detectives" - a conversation with producer/actor Mark H. Rapaport
• Commentary track with Dasha Nekrasova and co-writer/actress Madeline Quinn
• Commentary track with film historians and authors Alexandra Heller-Nicholas and Josh Nelson
• Q&A with Dasha Nekrasova from Beyond Fest 2021
• 16-page booklet with essay by Heather Drain
• Reversible cover artwork
• English SDH subtitles
Purchase Original Edition From Vinegar Syndrome.