|BLU-RAY NEWS||Receive Blu-ray News via RSS|
'Harry Potter' Home Video Releases Disappearing in December
Tags: Warner Brothers, Disc Announcements (all tags)
Warner will stop shipping the products just after Christmas.
The studio has just announced that all of the current DVD and Blu-ray titles available in the 'Harry Potter' franchise including 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2' and the 'Harry Potter: The Complete 8-Film Collection' will no longer be shipped to retailers as of December 29, 2011 in preparation for an uber-collection planned for the new year.
"'Hard-core Potter fans will be pleased to know that 2011 is not the end of the Harry Potter film franchise on DVD and Blu-ray. Warner Home Video plans to release a comprehensive Harry Potter film collection, with even more extras and collectible premiums in 2012. More details about the collection will be available at a later date."
Unfortunately this means there won't be much leeway time to wait for a price drop on the most recent releases.
- Most Recent Blu-ray Headlines:
- 'The Shadow: Collector's Edition' Blu-ray Announced
- NimbleTV Brings Streaming Cable to New York City Customers
- 'Baggage Claim' Dated and Detailed for Blu-ray
- AllSeen Alliance Forms to Advance Seamless Device Sharing and Integration
- 'I'm in Love with a Church Girl' Blu-ray Features Detailed
- More Blu-ray News...