|BLU-RAY NEWS||Receive Blu-ray News via RSS|
'Goblet of Fire' Blu-ray Disc Replacement Details
Tags: Technical Glitches, Warner (all tags)
A week after reports first surfaced of misplaced discs in the Blu-ray edition of its Harry Potter giftset, Warner has kicked off a disc exchange program for affected consumers.
Though the studio has yet to issue formal comment on what exactly caused HD DVD copies of 'Goblet of Fire' to find their way into Blu-ray versions of its 'Harry Potter: Years 1-5' giftset, Warner has set up a dedicated phone line to deal with the issue, and has apparently begun sending out replacement discs.
According to customer service reps, the studio is sending out single-disc Blu-ray editions of 'Goblet of Fire' as a temporary measure while replacement discs matching the giftset are being manufactured. The studio will then send out yet another version of the disc, with artwork that matches the four other discs in the set.
Affected consumers wishing to participate in this exchange program should call 1-800-553-6937.
(Thanks to Nathan for the tip!)
- Discs mentioned in this article: (Click for specs and reviews)
- Harry Potter Years 1-5 (Limited Edition Giftset) (Blu-ray)
- Earlier on High-Def Digest:
- 'Potter' Giftset Inadvertantly Goes Purple (Dec 13, 2007)
- Most Recent Blu-ray Headlines:
- HDD Deal of the Week: 'Stargate Atlantis: The Complete Series' Blu-ray $59.99 at Amazon!
- Weekend Roundtable: 2013 Xmas Wish List
- Samsung Rumored to be Developing AMOLED Tablets
- 'Captain Phillips' Blu-ray Dated and Detailed
- Kinect, Microtransactions, and Turkeys Collide on the Xbox One
- More Blu-ray News...