|BLU-RAY NEWS||Receive Blu-ray News via RSS|
Blu-ray Players a "Phenomenal Success" for Sony on Black Friday
Tags: Sony, Black Friday, Sales Figures, Blu-ray Players (all tags)
The company did quite well over all, with increased sales despite a lack of huge discounts.
Sony has been going through a real rough patch over the last few years, but 2011's Black Friday performance is looking very promising for the company. CEO Phil Molyneux says that despite not having any crazy discounts or doorbuster product, the company performed quite well. He calls out Blu-ray players in particular as "a phenomenal success."
Molyneux, who was put into position just over a year ago, says that one of the big influences on increased sales was a new corporate philosophy. "We were an organization that made an effort to ship and forget," he says. "I had to drive a cultural change. The relationship with the retailer is important but the focus on the consumer is paramount."
Numbers aren't in across the board yet, but Sony reported a significant increase in the business done through its online call center and a 21 percent increase at sales in Sony stores.
- Most Recent Blu-ray Headlines:
- Weekend Roundtable: One Sequel Too Many
- 'Star Trek: Enterprise - The Complete Second Season' Blu-ray Date and Pre-Orders Live
- 'Ace Ventura: Pet Detective' and 'Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls' Dated for Blu-ray
- 'Blood and Sand' Blu-ray Announced
- Theatrical Review: 'Fast & Furious 6'
- More Blu-ray News...