|BLU-RAY NEWS||Receive Blu-ray News via RSS|
Blu-rays Coming to All Redbox Kiosks by Fall
Tags: Redbox (all tags)
That’s a total of 23,000 kiosks, all stocking Blu-ray discs. Finally.
For the last year or so, we've been reporting on Redbox Blu-ray availability, but there's been very little in the way of official word – it's all been speculation, rumor, and observation. Finally Redbox CEO Mitch Lowe has come out and let us know what's going on.
Redbox is making the big Blu-ray push starting today. 13,300 kiosks should have them today, with the full 23,000 all sporting Blu-ray options by this fall. "Offering Blu-ray rentals is an exciting opportunity for Redbox," says Lowe.
Selection will be a bit limited at first, since Blu-rays will have to compete with DVDs for the 630 disc space inside the machines. Among the Blu-ray launch titles are films like 'The Book of Eli,' 'Brooklyn's Finest' and 'Green Zone.'
Source: PR Newswire
- Discs mentioned in this article: (Click for specs and reviews)
- The Book of Eli (Blu-ray)
- Brooklyn's Finest (Blu-ray)
- Green Zone (Blu-ray)
- Most Recent Blu-ray Headlines:
- Weekend Roundtable: One Sequel Too Many
- 'Star Trek: Enterprise - The Complete Second Season' Blu-ray Date and Pre-Orders Live
- 'Ace Ventura: Pet Detective' and 'Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls' Dated for Blu-ray
- 'Blood and Sand' Blu-ray Announced
- Theatrical Review: 'Fast & Furious 6'
- More Blu-ray News...