|BLU-RAY NEWS||Receive Blu-ray News via RSS|
Netflix Gets a Makeover
Tags: Netflix, Streaming, Industry Trends (all tags)
If you were dependent on friends' lists to make selections, you may be in for some disappointment, but the new setup makes television streaming much, much simpler.
The movie details page on Netflix underwent some changes last week in response to some member surveys and research on the more utilized features of the system. The change was designed to simplify things for content with multiple viewing options (DVD, Blu-ray, and streaming) as well as for episodic content.
The biggest positive change in the new interface is the improvement to television show streaming. Episodes of television shows are now listed individually on the page. You can see the amount of each episode you’ve watched, just in case you left off in the middle of one, and the page even lets you know what the last episode you watched was.
On the down side, you don’t get to see what your friends rated a particular movie. Though it doesn’t seem like a vital feature, some very vocal members have been responding to the Netflix blog asking for the re-inclusion of friends’ information to the pages.
Source: Official Netflix Blog
- Most Recent Blu-ray Headlines:
- 'Hannibal: Season One' Blu-ray Pre-Orders Live
- Xbox One Unveiled as the Ultimate All-in-One Entertainment System
- 'The Sword in the Stone: 50th Anniversary Edition' Announced for Blu-ray
- 'G.I. Joe: Retaliation' Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D Dated
- Videogame Releases: Week of May 19th, 2013
- More Blu-ray News...