|BLU-RAY NEWS||Receive Blu-ray News via RSS|
Netflix Adds 3 Million Streaming Customers – Loses a Million Disc Subscribers
Tags: Netflix, Discs-By-Mail, Streaming, Industry Trends (all tags)
Despite the loss in those subscribing to disc-by-mail, that side of the company brought in $146 million.
The Netflix quarterly report reveals that the streaming business is still going strong. In fact, Netflix added on 3 million new streaming subscribers in the first quarter of 2012, bringing the total up to 21.67 million.
Disc based subscriptions, on the other hand, were down by a full million subscribers. That puts the total down to 10.09 million. The DVD-by-mail service still managed to bring in a cool $146 million for the company, which announced a total loss of $5 million in the quarter.
- Most Recent Blu-ray Headlines:
- HDD Deal of the Week: 'Gettysburg / Gods and Generals: Limited Collector's Edition' Blu-ray $33.99 at Amazon
- "Mastered in 4K" and the Road to Ultra HD
- Weekend Roundtable: Into Darkness
- 'The Borgias: The Complete Third Season' Blu-ray Dated and Detailed
- Reminder: 'Texas Chainsaw 3D' Contest Ends Today
- More Blu-ray News...