|BLU-RAY NEWS||Receive Blu-ray News via RSS|
MGM Announces Specs, Exclusives for 'Spinal Tap' Blu-ray
Tags: Exclusive HD Content, MGM (all tags)
MGM is turning it up to 11 for the next-gen release of 'This Is Spinal Tap,' which will hit Blu-ray this January with hours of bonus features and exclusive content.
As previously reported, the studio has set a January 20 street date for the Blu-ray release of the classic rock documentary, marking the film's debut in high-def.
Full specs have now been confirmed, with the film spread across a BD-50 dual-layer disc with 1080p/AVC MPEG-4 video and an English DTS-HD Lossless Master Audio 5.1 Surround track.
Extras will see many (though not all) of the bonus features found on previous DVD and LaserDisc editions, including a trio of audio commentaries (with Rob Reiner, stars Michael McKean, Christopher Guest, and Harry Shearer, and other filmmakers), deleted scenes, five music videos, both real and "mock" trailers, and TV spots.
Exclusive to the Blu-ray release is the "Create Your Own Band" BD-Java game, allowing you to customize your very own rock star avatars.
Suggested retail price for the Blu-ray has been set at $34.99.
You'll find the latest specs for 'This is Spinal Tap' linked from our Blu-ray Release Schedule, where it's indexed under January 20.
- Discs mentioned in this article: (Click for specs and reviews)
- This is Spinal Tap (Blu-ray)
- Earlier on High-Def Digest:
- MGM Planning 'Spinal Tap' Blu-ray (Oct 01, 2008)
- Most Recent Blu-ray Headlines:
- Weekend Roundtable: One Sequel Too Many
- 'Star Trek: Enterprise - The Complete Second Season' Blu-ray Date and Pre-Orders Live
- 'Ace Ventura: Pet Detective' and 'Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls' Dated for Blu-ray
- 'Blood and Sand' Blu-ray Announced
- Theatrical Review: 'Fast & Furious 6'
- More Blu-ray News...