|BLU-RAY NEWS||Receive Blu-ray News via RSS|
Fox Prepares 'The Happening' For Blu-ray
Tags: Disc Announcements, Fox (all tags)
In an early warning to retailers, Fox says it is planning to bring the end-of-the-world chiller 'The Happening' to Blu-ray in early October.
M. Night Shyamalan's first R-rated, out-and-out horror film, 'The Happening' received mixed reviews and was a moderate hit at the box office earlier this summer, grossing a little over $60 million domestically.
Fox has set an October 7 Blu-ray release date for the Mark Wahlberg-starrer (day-and-date with the standard DVD).
Tech specs are Fox's standard BD-50 dual-layer presentation, with 1080p/AVC MPEG-4 video and audio in ENglish DTS-HD Lossless Master Audio 5.1 Surround, with additional English, French and Spanish Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround (640kbps) and subtitle options.
There's no word yet on supplements, but we'll certainly keep you posted.
Suggested list price for the Blu-ray has been set at $39.98.
You'll find the latest specs for 'The Happening' linked from our Blu-ray Release Schedule, where it's indexed under October 7.
- Discs mentioned in this article: (Click for specs and reviews)
- The Happening (Blu-ray)
- Most Recent Blu-ray Headlines:
- 'The Shadow: Collector's Edition' Blu-ray Announced
- NimbleTV Brings Streaming Cable to New York City Customers
- 'Baggage Claim' Dated and Detailed for Blu-ray
- AllSeen Alliance Forms to Advance Seamless Device Sharing and Integration
- 'I'm in Love with a Church Girl' Blu-ray Features Detailed
- More Blu-ray News...