|BLU-RAY NEWS||Receive Blu-ray News via RSS|
Fox Plans Blu-ray Bow For 'Wall Street'
Tags: Disc Announcements, Fox (all tags)
Fox has issued a retail announcement that Oliver Stone's Oscar-winning classic 'Wall Street' is headed to Blu-ray this February.
One of the most oft-quoted films of the '80s ("Greed is good!"), 'Wall Street' grossed nearly $50 million at the domestic box office back in 1987 (when movie tickets still cost $4 a pop) and earned star Michael Douglas an Oscar for Best Actor, making it one of Stone's biggest critical and commercial hits.
Hot on the heels of a recent '20th Anniversary Edition' DVD, Fox has just alerted retailers that it's planning to bring the flick to Blu-ray on February 5, 2008.
At press time, only tech specs were available, including Fox's usual 1080p video and an English DTS-HD Lossless Master Audio 5.1 Surround track. The studio has set a suggested retail price of $39.98.
We expect a full press release in the coming weeks, so stay tuned for complete supplemental details.
In the meantime you'll find the latest specs for 'Wall Street' linked from our Blu-ray Release Schedule, where it is indexed under February 5, 2008.
- Discs mentioned in this article: (Click for specs and reviews)
- Wall Street (Blu-ray)
- Most Recent Blu-ray Headlines:
- 'The Shadow: Collector's Edition' Blu-ray Announced
- NimbleTV Brings Streaming Cable to New York City Customers
- 'Baggage Claim' Dated and Detailed for Blu-ray
- AllSeen Alliance Forms to Advance Seamless Device Sharing and Integration
- 'I'm in Love with a Church Girl' Blu-ray Features Detailed
- More Blu-ray News...