|BLU-RAY NEWS||Receive Blu-ray News via RSS|
Fox Hits Blu-ray 'Speed' Bump?
Tags: Disc Announcements, Fox (all tags)
We've received numerous reader reports that Fox's new 'Speed' Blu-ray disc may be more a high-def Edsel than a Porsche, due to incompatibility problems with the Samsung BD-P1000 Blu-ray player.
'Speed' hit stores on November 14 as part of Fox's inaugural wave of Blu-ray titles. Unfortunately, few fans have had much success playing it, at least on the Samsung (both with or without a firmware upgrade). Many readers have written in or posted on our forum that the disc simply won't play on the BD-P1000. Even multiple returns of the disc have produced the same issue with subsequent copies.
We threw 'Speed' into our Samsung as well and, despite have the latest firmware upgrade, we couldn't get it to play, either. However, we did have success getting the disc to play on Sony's PlayStation 3.
We've contacted Fox about the issue, and have been told that word should be forthcoming on whether it is a hardware problem, a software problem, or both. We'll keep you posted as soon as official word comes in, so stay tuned...
- Earlier on High-Def Digest:
- Fox Jumps Into Blu-ray in a Big Way (Aug 31, 2006)
- Most Recent Blu-ray Headlines:
- Weekend Roundtable: One Sequel Too Many
- 'Star Trek: Enterprise - The Complete Second Season' Blu-ray Date and Pre-Orders Live
- 'Ace Ventura: Pet Detective' and 'Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls' Dated for Blu-ray
- 'Blood and Sand' Blu-ray Announced
- Theatrical Review: 'Fast & Furious 6'
- More Blu-ray News...