|BLU-RAY NEWS||Receive Blu-ray News via RSS|
Fox Brings '28 Weeks Later' to Blu-ray
Tags: Disc Announcements, Fox (all tags)
Fox Home Entertainment has issued a retail announcement for '28 Weeks Later,' which is set to hit Blu-ray day-and-date with the DVD just in time for Halloween.
Though it earned solid critical notices, the sequel to the 2002 cult hit '28 Days Later' failed to make much of a dent at the domestic box office this past spring, earning gross of less than $25 million.
Fox will give the sci-fi horror flick another shot when it debuts October 9 on Blu-ray, day-and-date with the standard-def DVD version.
Tech specs include 1080p video and DTS-HD Lossless Master Audio in 5.1 surround.
Supplemental details will not be revealed until Fox issues the official press release, which is expected shortly.
List price will be Fox's steep $39.98.
As always, you'll find '28 Weeks Later' indexed along with all of Fox's other high-def titles in our Blu-ray Release Schedule, where it resides under October 9 alongside with '28 Days Later,' which Fox announced for Blu-ray release this past Monday. Stay tuned for final specs and cover art to be revealed soon!
- Discs mentioned in this article: (Click for specs and reviews)
- 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
- 28 Days Later (Blu-ray)
- Earlier on High-Def Digest:
- Fox/MGM: 'Silver Surfer,' 'Live Free Die Hard,' Extensive Catalog Coming to Blu-ray (Aug 20, 2007)
- Most Recent Blu-ray Headlines:
- 'Hannibal: Season One' Blu-ray Pre-Orders Live
- Xbox One Unveiled as the Ultimate All-in-One Entertainment System
- 'The Sword in the Stone: 50th Anniversary Edition' Announced for Blu-ray
- 'G.I. Joe: Retaliation' Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D Dated
- Videogame Releases: Week of May 19th, 2013
- More Blu-ray News...