|BLU-RAY NEWS||Receive Blu-ray News via RSS|
'Call the Midwife: Season One' Announced for Blu-ray
Tags: BBC, Disc Announcements (all tags)
All six episodes of the BBC series' first season are planned for Blu-ray this November.
In an early announcement to retailers, BBC has revealed 'Call the Midwife: Season One' is coming to high-definition on November 6.
A moving, intimate, funny and, above all, true-to-life look at the colorful stories of midwifery and families in East London in the Fifties, based on the best-selling memoirs of the late Jennifer Worth. When Jenny Lee first arrives in Poplar, she knows nothing about hardship, poverty or indeed, life itself. Attached to an order of nursing nuns at Nonnatus House, Jenny is part of a team of midwives who visit expectant mothers, providing the poorest women with the best possible care. Here, the streets teem with children and with just one eight-bed maternity ward to serve the whole district; most deliveries take place at home. Following Jenny as she travels through the streets to meet her patients - like Conchita, who is on her 25th pregnancy and Mary, a prostitute and pregnant at just 15 - Call the Midwife offers a fascinating insight into a community on the brink of huge social change.
Specs have yet to be revealed, but the 2-disc Blu-ray set will include cast and crew interviews.
Suggested list price for the Blu-ray set is $39.98.
You can find the latest specs for 'Call the Midwife: Season One' linked from our Blu-ray Release Schedule, where it's indexed under November 6.
- Discs mentioned in this article: (Click for specs and reviews)
- Call the Midwife: Season One (Blu-ray)
- Most Recent Blu-ray Headlines:
- HDD Deal of the Week: 'Gettysburg / Gods and Generals: Limited Collector's Edition' Blu-ray $33.99 at Amazon
- "Mastered in 4K" and the Road to Ultra HD
- Weekend Roundtable: Into Darkness
- 'The Borgias: The Complete Third Season' Blu-ray Dated and Detailed
- Reminder: 'Texas Chainsaw 3D' Contest Ends Today
- More Blu-ray News...