|BLU-RAY NEWS||Receive Blu-ray News via RSS|
'Big Easy Express' Blu-ray Announced
Tags: Disc Announcements (all tags)
Emmett Malloy's music documentary released on iTunes on June 26 is coming to Blu-ray in July.
In an early announcement to retailers, 52bn Holdings Inc is working on 'Big Easy Express' for a Blu-ray release on July 24.
'Big Easy Express,' directed by Emmett Malloy ('Under the Great White Northern Lights'), is a film documenting indie folk heroes Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros, Tennessee’s Old Crow Medicine Show, and Britain’s acclaimed Mumford & Sons, as they climbed aboard a beautiful vintage train in California, setting out for New Orleans, Louisiana ona the Railroad Revival Tour in April 2011. Part road movie and part concert film, 'Big Easy Express' bears witness to the birth of a new musical era. With poignancy and beauty, Malloy documents these incredible musicians as they ride the rails and wow the crowds, from Oakland...to New Orleans. The film was SXSW's Headline Audience Award winner this March and has continued to have closing and opening night showings at various film festivals including Silverdocs, Los Angeles Film Festival, and more.
The Blu-ray/DVD combo pack will feature DTS-HD master audio 5.1 and uncompressed 2.0 soundtracks and supplements will include an interview with the director, deleted scenes, still gallery, and a trailer.
Suggested list price for the Blu-ray is $16.99.
You can find the latest specs for 'Big Easy Express' linked from our Blu-ray Release Schedule, where it's indexed under July 24.
- Discs mentioned in this article: (Click for specs and reviews)
- Big Easy Express (Blu-ray)
- Most Recent Blu-ray Headlines:
- 'Hannibal: Season One' Blu-ray Pre-Orders Live
- Xbox One Unveiled as the Ultimate All-in-One Entertainment System
- 'The Sword in the Stone: 50th Anniversary Edition' Announced for Blu-ray
- 'G.I. Joe: Retaliation' Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D Dated
- Videogame Releases: Week of May 19th, 2013
- More Blu-ray News...