|BLU-RAY NEWS||Receive Blu-ray News via RSS|
'Naked Lunch' Dated and Detailed for Blu-ray
Tags: Criterion, Disc Announcements (all tags)
David Cronenberg's most important meal of the day joins Criterion's Blu-ray Collection in April.
In an early announcement to retailers, Criterion has revealed 'Naked Lunch' will be released on Blu-ray on April 9.
In this adaptation of William S. Burroughs’s hallucinatory, once-thought unfilmable novel Naked Lunch, directed by David Cronenberg, a part-time exterminator and full-time drug addict named Bill Lee ('Robocop’s Peter Weller) plunges into the nightmarish Interzone.
The Blu-ray will feature 1080p video, a DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 soundtrack, and supplements will include: Audio commentary featuring Cronenberg and actor Peter Weller; Naked Making Lunch, a 1992 television documentary by Chris Rodley about the making of the film; Special effects gallery, featuring artwork and photos alongside an essay by Cinefex magazine editor Jody Duncan; Collection of original marketing materials; Audio recording of William S. Burroughs reading from his novel Naked Lunch; Gallery of photos taken by poet Allen Ginsberg of Burroughs; and a booklet featuring reprinted pieces by film critic Janet Maslin, director Chris Rodley, critic and novelist Gary Indiana, and Burroughs.
Suggested list price for the Blu-ray is $39.95.
You can find the latest specs for 'Naked Lunch' linked from our Blu-ray Release Schedule, where it'is indexed under April 9.
- Discs mentioned in this article: (Click for specs and reviews)
- Naked Lunch (Blu-ray)
- Most Recent Blu-ray Headlines:
- 'NES Remix,' 'Dr. Luigi,' and 'Hyrule Warriors' Top List of Wii U Announcements
- 'King & Country' Blu-ray Bound
- Cytek's 'Ryse: Son of Rome' Has Been Brought to Bear on Audiences and the Xbox One
- Poll: Which Fall 2013 TV Dramas Are You Still Watching?
- 'That's What I Am' Coming to Blu-ray
- More Blu-ray News...