|BLU-RAY NEWS||Receive Blu-ray News via RSS|
Top Sales and Rentals: Week Ending April 1st, 2012
Tags: Blu-ray Sales Figures, Industry Trends (all tags)
Blu-ray has a solid piece of the market share in all of the top 10 movies this week.
Now there's a nice statistic to see. Out of the top ten movies released on Blu-ray and DVD this week, only 'Alvin and the Chipmunks' and 'Happy Feet Two' come in with less than a 25% Blu-ray share. They're not far behind though, at 23% and 24% respectively.
For the most part, the best selling Blu-rays lined up with the best selling discs overall, with a few titles gaining or losing a place.
Rentals tell an interesting story, as 'Tower Heist,' which suffers from the 28-day rental delay, took the number two spot behind 'Dragon Tattoo.'
Source: Home Media Magazine
- Discs mentioned in this article: (Click for specs and reviews)
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011) (Blu-ray)
- The Adventures of Tintin - 3D (Blu-ray)
- The Muppets: The Wocka Wocka Value Pack (Blu-ray)
- Most Recent Blu-ray Headlines: