|BLU-RAY NEWS||Receive Blu-ray News via RSS|
8 Out of 10 Stream Content Through Their Blu-ray Players
Tags: Blu-ray Players, Streaming (all tags)
That's a big jump over game console and connected TV users, who hover in the 60s.
The NPD Group revealed an interesting statistic today – apparently 80% of those that own connected Blu-ray players use them to access streaming content. Compare that to the 69% of connected TV users that stream and 65% of game console owners and it's a significant number indeed!
"Once primarily the domain of tech-savvy young male early adopters," says SVP Russ Crupnick, "downloading entertainment content to tablets, TVs and game consoles is now much more common among regular American moms, dads — and their kids, too."
Source: Home Media Magazine
- Most Recent Blu-ray Headlines:
- Weekend Roundtable: One Sequel Too Many
- 'Star Trek: Enterprise - The Complete Second Season' Blu-ray Date and Pre-Orders Live
- 'Ace Ventura: Pet Detective' and 'Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls' Dated for Blu-ray
- 'Blood and Sand' Blu-ray Announced
- Theatrical Review: 'Fast & Furious 6'
- More Blu-ray News...