|BLU-RAY NEWS||Receive Blu-ray News via RSS|
Amazon, Best Buy, and Coinstar Are Potential Blockbuster Buyers
Tags: Blockbuster, Amazon, Best Buy, Redbox, High-Def Retailing, Industry Trends (all tags)
The final sale of the company is expected by April.
It's amazing how quickly things turned around for Blockbuster. They were a giant in the rental industry, and they even became a brand name that describes a product. Like Band-Aid and Jell-O, Blockbuster became the one notable name in its business.
The company is up for sale with a minimum offer of $290 million, or $265 without studio support. Blockbuster submitted a list of potential buyers during its bankruptcy filings. That list includes expected names like Amazon, Best Buy, and RedBox owner Coinstar.
It also includes NCR, the folks behind Blockbuster Express, Sonic Solutions, and even Hollywood Video founder Mark Wattles.
Source: Home Media Magazine
- Most Recent Blu-ray Headlines:
- Weekend Roundtable: One Sequel Too Many
- 'Star Trek: Enterprise - The Complete Second Season' Blu-ray Date and Pre-Orders Live
- 'Ace Ventura: Pet Detective' and 'Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls' Dated for Blu-ray
- 'Blood and Sand' Blu-ray Announced
- Theatrical Review: 'Fast & Furious 6'
- More Blu-ray News...