Many Wars Ago
- Street Date:
- January 7th, 2014
- Movie Release Year:
- MPAA Rating:
- 0 Minutes
- Release Country
- United States
This disc has not yet been reviewed. The following information has been provided by the distributor.
Mark Frechette, Alain Cuny, Gian Maria Volonté, and Giampiero Albertini
Plot Synopsis:In Northern Italy, WWI has turned into a bloody stalemate. Bogged down in their trenches on a barren highland, the men of an Italian infantry division have been given one objective: retake a commanding height from the enemy. Unfortunately, the tactical ingenuity of general Leone (Cuny), the unpopular division commander, consists of supplementing frontal attacks against machine-guns with medieval fighting schemes. His dispirited troops must be prodded with ever harsher measures into storming the Austrian positions. As casualties mount, indignation spreads amongst the rank and file. Disturbed by the decisions of his superiors, lieutenant Sassu (Frechette) is progressively led to question the purpose of the war and to reconsider where his real duties lie.
- Digitally restored in collaboration with the National Cinematheque and The Turin National Museum under the supervision of director Francesco Rosi
- New and improved English subtitle translation
- Before and after restoration demonstration
- Interview with director Francesco Rosi
- Fully illustrated booklet on the genesis and production of Many Wars Ago