- Street Date:
- August 22nd, 2017
- Movie Release Year:
- MPAA Rating:
- The American Genre Film Archive
- 84 Minutes
- Release Country
- United States
Joe Pilato, Tom Savini, Susan Chapek, John Harrison, and Debra Gordon
Cobbled together with loose change by George Romero's friends, Effects is a mesmerizing D.I.Y. frightmare that no one talks about, but everyone should. A group of coked-up filmmakers -- including Tom Dawn of the Dead Savini, Joe Day of the Dead Pilato, and John Tales from the Darkside: The Movie Harrison -- gather in Pittsburgh to make a slasher. As filming begins and accidents happen, it's clear that something isn't right. And no one can be trusted. Landing somewhere between Snuff and a student film by John Carpenter, Effects is a meta-enhanced takedown on the philosophy of horror that doubles as a sleazy and terrifying movie on its own.
- NEW 4K restoration (master struck from the only 35mm theatrical print in existence
- Archival commentary track with John Harrison, Dusty Nelson, and Pasquale Buba
- After Effects documentary with optional commentary track
- Beasite - short film
- UBU - short film
- Liner notes by Joseph A. Ziemba of AGFA and Bleeding Skull!