The Whales of August
- Street Date:
- December 5th, 2017
- Movie Release Year:
- 90 Minutes
- Release Country
- United States
Bette Davis, Lillian Gish, Vincent Price, and Ann Sothern
Two of the greatest motion picture actresses of all time-Bette Davis and Lillian Gish-unite their legendary talents in this beautifully photographed, intensely emotional drama that offers "unexpected and quite marvelous rewards" (The New York Times)!
Libby (Davis) and Sarah (Gish) are widowed siblings who have vacationed for half a century at a seaside cottage in Maine. Now in their eighties, the sisters have unexpectedly arrived at an impasse: While Sarah embraces change and the possibility of romance with a courtly Russian suitor (Vincent Price), the stubbornly bitter Libby rages at the inevitability of death.
As the summer months wane, can Libby and Sarah rediscover the powerful bonds of memory, family and love?
- 1080p/AVC MPEG-4
- English SDH
- Audio Commentary by producer Mike Kaplan, moderated by film critic Stephen Farber
- Peer Talk: The Raw September 1986 Interviews with stars Bette Davis, Lillian Gish, Vincent Price, Ann Sothern and Harry Carey Jr.
- Behind the Camera: Raw September 1986 interviews with director Lindsay Anderson, cinematographer Mike Fash and production designer Jocelyn Herbert
- New interview with actress Mary Steenburgen
- New interview with actress Margaret Ladd
- New interview with actress Tisha Sterling
- New interview with executive producer Shep Gordon
- Mike Kaplan Vignette 1 – Bette Davis
- Mike Kaplan Vignette 2 – Cab Ride
- Mike Kaplan Vignette 3 – Cliff Island
- Never Apologize – Malcolm McDowell on Lindsay Anderson
- Five 'Whales' Tales by Mike Kaplan - Limited Edition 16 Page Booklet
- Song: You Can Never Tell - Performed by Tisha Sterling, written by Mike Kaplan
- Original Theatrical Trailer