We Are the Flesh
- Street Date:
- February 28th, 2017
- Movie Release Year:
- Arrow Video
- 79 Minutes
- Release Country
- United States
Drama, Fantasy, Horror
Noé Hernández, María Evoli, Diego Gamaliel
Emiliano Rocha Minter
A visionary and bizarre slice of Mexican arthouse cinema, We Are The Flesh is an extraordinary and unsettling film experience, a sexually charged and nightmarish journey into an otherworldly dimension of carnal desire and excess, as well as a powerful allegory on the corrupting power of human desire.
A young brother and sister, roaming an apocalyptic city, take refuge in the dilapidated lair of a strange hermit. He puts them to work building a bizarre cavernous structure, where he acts out his insane and depraved fantasies. Trapped in this maddening womb-like world under his malign influence, they find themselves sinking into the realms of dark and forbidden behaviour.
Mixing the graphic, powerful imagery of Gaspar Noe's Love and Enter The Void with the surreal, hallucinatory impact of Alejandro Jodorowsky, We Are The Flesh is a bizarre, psychedelic head trip, mixing intense, outrageously explicit imagery with a profound allegory on the nature of existence, to make this an unforgettable, boundary-pushing experience unlike anything you've ever seen.
- Original 5.1 and stereo audio
- New interviews with director Emiliano Rocha Minter and actors Noé Hernández, María Evoli and Diego Gamaliel
- New video appreciation by critic Virginie Sélavy
- Original theatrical trailer
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork
- First pressing only: Illustrated collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film by critic Anton Bitel, and a note from the producer on the film.