Blood Rage: Special Edition
- Street Date:
- January 24th, 2017
- Movie Release Year:
- MPAA Rating:
- Arrow Video
- Release Country
- United States
Louise Lasser, Mark Soper, Marianne Kanter, Julie Gordon, Jayne Bentzen
What do you get if you combine Thanksgiving, American TV star Louise Lasser (Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman), killer 80s synths and some of the most gruesome special effects in all of slasher history courtesy of Ed (Terminator 2) French. Why, it's Blood Rage of course!
Todd and Terry seem like sweet kids - that is, until one of them takes an axe to face of a fellow patron at the local drive-in. Todd is blamed for the bloody crime and institutionalised, whilst twin brother Terry goes free. Ten years later and, as the family gathers around the table for a Thanksgiving meal, the news comes in that Todd has escaped - and he's heading their way. But has the killer twin in fact been in their midst all along? One thing's for sure, there WILL be blood...
Filmed in 1983 at the tail-end of the slasher golden era but not released until 1987, Blood Rage (also re-cut and released to theatres as Nightmare at Shadow Woods) has been lovingly restored from the original vault materials for its first ever appearance on Blu-ray and DVD. Happy Thankskilling!
- Brand new 2K restoration from original vault materials of three versions of the film: Blood Rage, the original "hard" version, completely uncut and uncensored in a Blu-ray/DVD world premiere; the R-rated Nightmare at Shadow Woods 1987 re-cut, and a third "composite" cut combining all the footage from both Blood Rage and Nightmare at Shadow Woods
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly-commissioned artwork from Marc Schoenbach
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Brand new extensive making-of documentary featuring interviews with various cast and crew
- Fully-illustrated collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film
- PLUS MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED!